Leon Franklin is a director in our risk advisory practice, Australia
Leon is a strategic and operational privacy expert with a comprehensive understanding of privacy, data, legal and compliance issues. Leon regularly guides clients with overlapping levels of regulation, data sets and obligations. His expertise includes establishing and optimising privacy compliance postures, privacy governance systems, privacy assessment systems, and customer trust by design.
He has worked for large, complex organisations in the private and public sector and brings a commercial focus to privacy risk.
Leon has specific experience with the risk assessment and deployment of AI for both internal and external purposes. During his time in industry he designed a responsible use of data risk program including risk postures, use cases, threshold assessments, risk assessments and guidance for usage. He deployed these nationally and has advised boards and other senior staff on how, when and where to safely deploy AI and automated decision making in a commercial context.
- Major bank: Advised on third party risk arising from a third party data incident on crisis response, risk analysis, notification, and remediation.
- ASX listed entity: Established and developed the privacy team of an ASX-listed entity. This involved assembling a highly skilled team and led the creation of governance processes and procedures.
- Various clients: Successfully established and optimised privacy compliance postures for various organisations, enhancing their overall data privacy capabilities.
- Various clients: Implemented privacy governance systems tailored to the specific needs of large and complex organisations in the private and public sectors.
- Various clients: Provided in-depth technical privacy advice to C-suite on the operationalisation of current and future privacy obligations.
- An industry body: Analysed and drafted submissions on Privacy Act Reforms on behalf of an industry body, including meetings with the Attorney-General’s Department.