Ashurst is committed to providing its online services to all sections of the public. Our website is designed in light of the guidelines issued by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) to remove barriers to accessibility. For more information about these guidelines visit Web Access Initiative at the W3C.
We periodically test pages of the website to maintain accessibility.
Accessibility enhancements include:
- Allowing the user to enlarge the text size. This can be helpful to users with visual impairments.
- No use of frames (some text-to-speech screen readers do not work with frames).
- Use of Alternative text to describe the content of a picture. This is useful for text-based browsers and/or for users with visual impairments.
- Links to the Adobe Acrobat Access reader for PDF Adobe Acrobat files.
- Increased contrast between background and text for readability purposes.
- Allowing fields in online forms to be navigated with the keyboard 'Tab' key. This is particularly helpful to users with mobility disabilities or visual impairments.
- Avoidance of certain colour combinations that may make the pages less accessible to users with colour blindness.
If you experience any accessibility-related problems whilst using our site, please report them here.