Navdeep Benning is a banking and finance partner in the Ashurst Global Loans Team. Based in London, she has also spent time working in Ashurst Hong Kong and Ashurst New York
Navdeep focusses on Fund Finance. She has been a Fund Finance lawyer since the inception of the market and, with over 15 years' experience, is a recognised expert in her field.
Navdeep's focus is on acting for lenders and borrowers on all aspects of Fund Financings, including capital call, NAV & asset backed facilities, single-investor facilities, letter of credit facilities, GP & co-investment facilities, hybrid facilities and equity-commitment-backed financings.
In what is a rapidly expanding and vastly competitive market constantly looking for the next growth opportunity, Navdeep's range and breadth of experience ensures she is always ahead of the curve. With a particular focus on the growing areas of NAV, leveraged and asset backed facilities, she specialises in putting in place bespoke finance solutions. Examples include:
- NAV facilities secured against a mixture of underlying private equity, debt and other investments;
- asset-backed facilities to high-net-worth individuals;
- co-investment, GP and umbrella facilities;
- investment facilities secured against a portfolio of derivatives instruments;
- facilities to global sponsors to acquire portfolios of performing and non-performing loans; and
- ESG linked subscription finance facilities.
Working closely with our fund formation, fund tax and fund regulatory teams, Navdeep ensures that our lender, borrower and fund clients receive the most comprehensive service available.